Today’s sophisticated devices come in an array of profiles, sizes and technology levels that can be implemented for your specific level and nature of hearing impairment. They are also designed to suit activity levels, lifestyle and budgetary considerations. A hearing exam and discussion with one of our audiologists will enable us to select the ideal hearing aid for you.
At Clarico Hearing, our ultra modern technology is matched with good old-fashioned, one-on-one personalized care. We’re comfortable taking the time that is required to ensure you are comfortable with your hearing aid and well informed about the operation and care of your device.
With Clarico, you will also enjoy a 90-day trial phase, during which you can return the devices if they are not providing the best possible sound for your needs.
We work with all brands and models of hearing aid and, based on your individual requirements, Clarico Hearing’s experienced technicians will help you find the best device for your specific needs.
MINI RITE/RIC (RECEIVER IN THE EAR/RECEIVER IN THE CANAL) HEARING AIDS
- Tiny device that rests inconspicuously behind the ear with a thin wire connected to a receiver within the ear canal
- Virtually unseen by selecting similar colour to hair, glasses or skin
- Fitting comfortably on the ear, it’s secure and does not hamper your ability to wear glasses
- Most accepted type of hearing device due to its effectiveness and ability to adapt to multiple ranges and categories of hearing impairment
- Will use rechargeable or standard batteries, depending on your needs
BTE (BEHIND THE EAR) HEARING AIDS
- Created for more extreme hearing impairment
- Connects to a custom designed ear mold for greater comfort
- Available in multiple designs and sizes, with smaller devices primarily accommodating mild impairment, and larger ones delivering more power to deal with a greater degree of hearing loss
- Depending on model and power consumption, will utilize battery sizes 10, 312, 13 or 675
ITE (IN THE EAR) HEARING AIDS
- Full-shell, customized hearing device that fills the concha (bowl) of the ear
- Primarily worn by people with severe loss of hearing or those who have challenges with dexterity
ITC (IN THE CANAL)
- Half concha-fit style hearing aid fills a portion of the concha (bowl) of the ear
- More subtle than an ITE (In the ear) device, allowing for a wide spectrum of hearing impairment
- Fitting this style of hearing aid is more favorable to a patient with a larger ear canal to permit adequate venting and comfortable airflow into the ear
CIC (COMPLETELY IN THE CANAL) HEARING AIDS
- Sits further within the ear canal and is styled to be unobtrusive
- Performs well with a varied range of hearing conditions because receiver sits close to the ear drum
- Takes advantage of the ear’s external profile to direct sound to the hearing aids
IIC (INVISIBLE IN THE CANAL) HEARING AIDS
- Because of miniscule size and deep canal placement, these devices are created to be unseen.
- Ideal for a broad spectrum of hearing issues because the receiver is in the vicinity of the ear drum
- Because the hearing aid is set deep within the hearing canal, the canal must be large enough to accommodate it; measurements will need to be taken during the consultation to assess the suitability of this style to your specific needs.
We’d be happy to discuss how these fine hearing aid lines will work with your specific hearing challenges.